The people of Africa, south of the Sahara suffer from a poor health care:
- 12% of the world’s population lives in the Sahel zone, but 24% of global disease occur in this region
- only 1% of global health care expenditure is accounted for by the Sahel
- only 3% of the world’s health care workers work in the Sahel zone
- Approximately 50% of global deaths among children under five years occur in the Sahel zone
- the Sahel zone has the highest mortality rate worldwide and many suffer from HIV / AIDS, tuberculosis and malaria.
DAKIE International e.V. supports better health care in African countries. The focus is on people who do not yet have access to medical care. DAKIE International e.V. attaches great importance to sustainable, socially responsible approaches and works closely with local organizations.
Please help us reduce child mortality through improved health care.
Help with your donation!